Wednesday, March 11, 2009

District Champions!




Saturday was districts for drill team.....we had a goal, to beat Pasco. Goal accomplished!!! It was an interesting day----Friday afternoon I had to remove one of my seniors and better performers from the team for breaking the athletic code. It was a real blow, to me, to the team, to the routines. I was disappointed, shocked, angry, frustrated and sad. Why can't these teenagers think of others before themselves? But the girls did the best they could and we gave it all we could give on that Saturday. For a team that's used to winning we wanted three first place trophies....we brought home one. WE have some work to do before State...but that's okay. We're up for the challenge. I was very proud of the girls. They took third in Hip Hop, second in Pom and first in Drill. The Drill routine was the highest score of the day beating 32 numbers!!! Combine ALL team scores we were the highest. I think that's a good day's work!!! (Now back to practice....)

4 comments:

Clark perrins said...

Lori, I am so proud of you and how well you do with the team. It can't be easy to be betrayed by a team member. Your team make Moses Lake look good! I love you and good luck at State! Kathy

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Congratulations to all of you!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Wahoo!

Met your granddaughter last weekend, she is beautiful!

Cassidy said...

congrats!!