Sunday, September 13, 2009
Fifty Reasons we love you DAD.
Friday was Reid's Fiftieth Birthday. He is in harvest so he had to get up early and work. We (Kenzie, Easton and I) had two shows of High School Musical to put on. Reid spent the afternoon getting beat at golf by his good friend David. We had some friends and family over for dinner. It was casual and informal....just the way Reid likes thinks. Danielle had all the kids write their Top Ten Reasons they love their dad. I'm just going to share my favorite two from each of them:
1. Optimism: You always look on the bright side of things and are never worried about the bumps that may come in the road, because they are solvable. You can always get where you are going if you have the right attitude and work ethic and you do. Things will always turn out right, and if they don't it was how it was supposed to be so don't worry!!!
2. Humility: Even though you may have everything going for you in the world, you are very humble about it and carry yourself through your day to day talks in a very humble way.
1. I love your work ethic. You know the meaning of hard work and working for others. You have always worked hard for our family, for our ward, for our stake and for anyone who has needed your help.
2. I love your gently ways. I will never forget the endless princess Danielle stories and the songs you would sing to me when you tucked me into bed.
1. Dad Power...No Matter how good or fast or smart we are as kids...Dan can and WILL win!
2. Missionary Minded...Always trying to teach, serve and preach the gospel to others!!!
1. I love when dad whistles. It announces his presence and if I ever have a bad thought or heard a bad song I have dad's little whistle tunes in my head and get it out ASAP.
2. His ginormous hugs. One hug from dad makes me feel SO much better.
1. He is very strong in the church.
2. He is always there when I need him.
And I don't think I could post this without a few of my favorite things:
1. I love how Reid looks on the bright side of things. He can make anything appear fun and enjoyable and that he wants to be there. Matter of fact the worse the job the happier he seems about it.
2. His spirituality. His testimony is very strong and his conscience even stronger. He always desires to do the right thing and he helps me want to be better.
3. His looks. He's tall, dark and handsome. Although we maybe getting old, to me he gets better looking every day.
4. His work ethic. He works hard, He works long. He provides well for me and our family and for that I am very grateful.
Happy 5oth Birthday Reid. May there be MANY more!! and may we spend them together!