Sunday, January 4, 2009

Please Mr. Postman....

Another letter from Quinn and another memory card full of images. We got to talk to Quinn on Christmas. It was 7:00 a.m. the next day for him and Christmas had come and gone. Quinn is not one to show a lot of emotion and we are not sure whether or not he was too excited to talk to us but I sure loved hearing his voice. Christmas Eve had been spent with the Canadian doctor and his large family. They had reanacted the nativity and had lots of delicious food. Christmas day was suppose to be 'white' and they had 2 baptisms planned, but lots of rain had come and the dirt roads had been washed away and so the baptism's will happen when they can reach the people. The work is going well on Tanna and Quinn is 'enjoying' his new companion. (The real story to be told when he has returned home). He describes his companionship like a ValaRee Roylance and Kim Brandt friendship. So much talking no one can get a word in....(that's only funny if you know Quinn and ValaRee and Kim, but I loved his power of description for me.)

One of their churches on Tanna




Quinn in Port Vila for Zone Conference
Quinn's companion is on the far right...


The whole gang after church



A feast





Quinn's bedroom



Quinn's kitchen-what more could you ask for?


Clothing optional?


Some troubles with the heavy rain....




Basketball anyone?


6 comments:

Stacey said...

I can't believe the adventures he is having there. What a great experience.

the Horton Hurricane said...

This mission is quite the adventure, Quinn will have so many stories to tell when this is all said and done. I'm sure the people of Tanna love him so much.

Puhlman said...

WOW. When I saw his bedroom I thought of all the things I take for granted. I am amazed at what the missionaries sacrifice to get the gospel spread around the world. Helped me to be more grateful for my soft warm bed and my wonderful kitchen. I am thankful for missionaries like Quinn.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I love pictures!

Tom Earl said...

Those are some great pics!

Mindy said...

Wow, very different but, what great memories he will have! Go Elder Baker!