Sunday, October 26, 2008

Are you ready for some Football?


This week begins the last week of Easton's Middle School Football career and the last week I have a son in middle school football. I've spent 6 seasons watching all three of my sons play football in middle school. All of them had the SAME coaches. They all had different experiences.

Jordan was quick, aggressive, and very small for his age. He tackled at the ankles. He earned the coaches respect by going after the biggest, strongest kid and never letting go.

Quinn was big for his age and mean, but cautious. He would much rather use his brain than his body to break a play. He had a bad break of the arm in Grid Kids and wasn't so sure about football. He played Quaterback because I wanted him too. He did not. I actually wanted all the boys to play Quaterback but he is the only one that listened. It may have been one of the only things he ever listened to me on.

Easton is tall for his age, but thin. He has grown so much this year he has not quite grown into his body and his muscles. Last year the first day of school and football practice, he was diagnosed with juvenille diabetes. He had lost about 25 pounds in a short period of time and last season we were just trying to learn to live with it and put the weight back on. This year he is in much better phyical condition and he is playing much stronger. I am so impressed with the progress he has made, and who doesn't look cute in a football uniform. He plays first string tight end, first string offensive line. That's it, that's all I know. In my opinion he is really too nice a kid to make a GREAT football player, but I think that remains to be seen. One thing I know, whatever they are doing, whatever position they are playing, I love being there cheering them on. Go BRAVES!! Go EASTON!!

3 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I can not believe how old easton looks...I am so sad I didn't get to see him play!

Kathy’s Korner said...

How fun for you to have all three boys in football. All of our children chose something different...basketball, track, swimming, tennis, volleyball, band, choir & drama. I know you have had lots of variety too, but also the consistancy. Good times.

hennchix said...

Hey! I would love to talk with you about learning to cope with and manage Easton's diabetes. Maybe you have some tips, maybe I have some tips about dealing with an ongoing illness.