Sunday, November 23, 2008

'Come What May, and Love It....'







I have been thinking a lot lately about my niece Brittany and her two beautiful children Cambree and Gage. They are going through a rough time right now, and I know it isn't easy. This morning I was reading the November Ensign and Elder Wirthlin gave a beautiful talk entitled, 'Come What May, and Love it.' This advice was given to him by his mother when he was feeling discouraged and alone. He said that every life has its peaks and shadows and times can be very tough. He gives some great advice on how to life through days that are filled with sorrow, because there will be those for all of us. But he reminds us that if we approach adversity wisely, our hardest times can be our times of greatest growth. Never would we ask for the trials or want them, but as we get through them we realize how strong we are and how many blessings we have. Learning to endure times of disappointment, suffering and sorrow is part of our trials here on earth. Sometimes the very moments that seem to overcome us with suffering are those that will ultimately suffer us to overcome. And most importantly Elder Wirthlin reminds us that the Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.

Brittany I know these days are not easy. And the months and years ahead maybe difficult as well. But I know you will be blessed and watched over and protected. You are an amazing, beautiful, spiritual women. You are a wonderful, loving, caring mother. I'm so proud of you Brittany and your faithfulness to what you know is right. You are loved and admired and we are all here to help. You are not alone. Your parents, your grandma's, your sister, your brothers, your sister-in-law's, your aunts and uncles, and friends will all be there when you need us. And most importantly your Heavenly Father will be there with you always.

5 comments:

mumovearls said...

Amen! I don't know your niece but what you say is right on the button!-n

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Everyone loves you Brittany! I love that talk, it was my favorite of this last conference.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Sorry they are struggling, I loved that talk too, you have such a great way of coming up with titles for your blogs.

Peggy Dee said...

We all wish Brittany the best!

Thorntons said...

Thank you so much Aunt Lori for your cute post. I can definetly feel the love of everyone it making this process so much easier. I know that I am doing the right thing. I feel that way more strongly everyday. I can feel that Heavenly Father is telling me that this hurt I feel will go away someday and when it does there will be someone who will pick up all the pieces and love me and the kids. I appreciate all the support! I have gotten so many phone calls from so many people it means so much more than you'll know! I love you guys! I took some pictures I was going to send you than when all this happened I haven't done much. You need some newer pictures! I look like a big cow in those! Ha ha! I love you aunt Lori! Talk to you soon!