Monday, November 24, 2008

In Honor of Kenzie


We got a letter this week from Quinn and he had a special surprise for Kenzie. He survived transfers and stays in Tanna for another six weeks. He got a new companion, a white kid from California who speaks English. His last three companions have been native to Vanuatu and don't speak English so this was exciting for him. He was called on this week to give a ride to a lady who was in labor and quite distraught. Quinn and his companion got her safely to the clinic and then went home. The next morning they went back to check on her and to make sure everything was okay. She had a beautiful baby girl and wanted Quinn to name her. Quinn named her Kenzie. I thought that was pretty sweet. Just when you think your kids don't like each other at all, they do something totally unexpected that reminds you that they do.....(they just forget to show it sometimes.)

4 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

That story still cracks me up...mac is probably loving it!

Peggy Dee said...

She couldn't ask for a better namesake!

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Love the story! I remember thinking my brothers didn't care for me much, but every once in a while someone would tell me that my brothers talked about me (in a good way) and I was shocked! What a great memory for Kenzie!

the Horton Hurricane said...

How sweet, Kenzie, you are so beautiful I'm serious absolutely gorgeous did I ever look that young?