Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Not What You Know, It's WHO You Know.....



So there has been alot of hype surrounding the 'Twilight' books.... Have you read them? Edward and Bella? I have read two, one on each of my last two vacations. Their an easy read and very clean. They are entertaining and creative and the storyline is very imaginative. They are directed at teenage girls and Edward is the kind of boy that every teenage girl would like to meet. He's unbelievably handsome and wealthy and sensitive, yet mysterious. He lives in a big beautiful home and drives several amazingly fast, cool cars. He's not interested in any other girls but Bella. He's protective, yet dangerous. He does have a few drawbacks, he doesn't eat or drink, or sleep, and his skin is ice cold. He will live forever at this age and Bella will not. And the smell of Bella can sometimes make him sick...(but hey, all boys have faults.)

The movie 'Twilight' opens in theatres across the country today and my daughter Kenzie and all her friends have been talking about it for months. The theatre decided to have a midnight showing so the girls were frantically getting tickets and talking about standing in lines for hours in the cold to be the first in. Somehow David and Peggy Earl arranged a private showing for Kylie (for her 17th birthday) and the drill team and sisters and mothers last night at 8:00 p.m. The girls came to practice at 7:00 p.m. and about 7:45 p.m. a boy came in with a big box and a letter for Kylie. The letter was from 'Edward' inviting her and all her friends to join him for the evening. There was a very loud scream and more screams, and yells and jumping up and down and running to get bags, and sweatshirt and shoes. Everyone loaded into their cars and drove to the theatre where we were ushered into the theatre to see the very first showing of 'TWILIGHT'. It lived up to the hype...It was PERFECT! and the girls giggled and yelled and screamed during the movie. My favorite part was seeing Edwards skin glisten in the sunlight and for a very short moment last night we all felt very COOL (and young)! Thanks David and Peggy.

9 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

I heard about thi and was extremely jealous! That is so fun any exciting!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Clarification... its who you know and how far away you live from them. I know my parents pretty darn well but have I seen Twilight yet? NO! :)

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I got to read it still ahh!

Korbi said...

the jealousy... :)

Peggy Dee said...

This wouldn't have been possible without coach Lori giving the green light! When I found out that it conflicted with drill team practice my first thought was, "Oh darn! We won't be able to do it." How's that for dedication? Luckily Lori has her priorities in order! Thanks Lori!!!

lysh said...

Fun night! I love the pictures from your flagwirling days!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Sara(daughter in law) took Nicole today at 4PM. She was bouncing off the walls and in love with Edward! I am impressed with you making this happen...the girls will never forget it!

Cher said...

I am very jealous! If I don't go this weekend then I don't think I will get a chance for a long time.

Peggy Dee said...

Jaymz playing Jacob? That's perfect! Can't believe I didn't think of it. I'll add him to my list.