Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Taboo




As a coach you should never pick favorites, or at least not admit you do (come on, you know we ALL do it)...but I have and I'm not ashamed to say it. Lauren Frey is one of my favorites, she is one of my favorite Molahiettes, one of my favorite dancers, one of my favorite teenage girls(except for my own of course) and one of my favorite people. Lauren is beautiful on the inside and the outside. She started dance a few years later than most of the girls in her class and on her team, but she had natural talent and a DESIRE. Lauren is the definition of hard work. She asks questions, and then she practices. She takes corrections. She wants to be better and does everything it takes. She takes any position with a smile on her face, she never pouts. I would venture to say that as one of the tall girls on the team she weighs almost the least of anyone but she has the best push ups of the entire team. She has amazing leg holds and kicks (she didn't always...). She has beautiful headstands. Besides all her physical talents Lauren has many spiritual talents. She is kind and loving and soft spoken. She always has a smile on her face and cares for everyone. Lauren got hurt Monday night. She will be out for a few weeks and WE will miss her. Get Better SOON Lauren! The team needs you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Lauren too! So genuine.

Mindy said...

I love how you blog about your "girls."

Very sweet!