Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time flies when your having a good time....

A year ago today Reid was put in as the Moses Lake Stake President. My how time flies. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, some times it seems much longer. Reid was blessed by Elder Rasband with many wonderful things but the thing that stood out in my mind was the capacity to double his time so he would have time for his family, his work and his calling. He has. It has been a year of learning, humility, patience, sacrifice and blessings. We have used the power of prayer to sustain us and we have appreciated all the prayers in our behalf. I have thought many times this year that the Lord never gives us anything we cannot handle. He apparently knows us much better than we know ourselves and with his help we will continue to serve him diligently.

5 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I can't believe that it has been a year! It is so fun to see President Baker (Reid) in a store. He has that huge grin and you can see him coming over the heads of everyone from the back of the store. What a blessing for our stake you, your family and your good husband have been in the lives of my family and our stake! Just think only 7 plus years to go!!!

Cassidy said...

Wow. It's been a year? Crazy. Miss you guys this time of year!

Anonymous said...

I love you guys! I am so happy the cd's made it, it just makes me laugh I love it! I sure can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!! Thanks for being the greatest Aunt ever!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Lori, you have the wrong month! It was January the 26th. That was a fast year! Reid is doing a fabulous job, Glenn loves working with him and President Poth. They make a great team. You are a great support to him, it is neat to hear that prayer has sustained you. I love you guys.

the Horton Hurricane said...

Aunt Lori, I just love you all so much. I am doing better each week not each day but week, however that is better than nothing so we will take it. I was so sad that this had to happen around the holidays but it has really made me more grateful for my health and my family. Just a bump in the road called life we all have them. Thank you for the prayers I really feel them showering down on me from all the family. Tell my Uncle Reid aka President Baker and my cousins hello and I wish your family a very Merry Christmas. I love the cards Mason just thought Quinn looked so cool. I mailed ours off today.