Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Three More Wishes

I wish I had a better memory. So I was completely amiss on my time frame, (wrong month, wrong day). Kathy Perrins let me know Reid and President Perrins and President Poth were sustained on January 26th. The only thing I had to rely on was my brain---and memory. Thank heavens for friends. (Okay so it seems like its been a year....)

I wish I could be with all my family on christmas. This year Danielle and Tyler are celebrating with Tyler's family. I know it's their turn, but I hate sharing! I will miss Quinn in Vanuatu. I sent a small box with mostly souveniers for him to give to the people he has met. He sent a letter and said he needed some socks. I sent those off yesterday. It cost $22 to send 6 pairs of socks. I wish I would have stuck in something FUN. Oh well, there's nothing like a new, clean pair of socks. (Especially when there's nothing else in the package.) I miss my extended family. Don't get me wrong I love Reid's side of the family and all my friends in Moses Lake, but it has been almost 20 years since I spent a Christmas in Utah with all my family. The very best part of this blogging thing is I can tell my adorable nieces and nephews and their adorable families what is going on in our life and catch up on theirs. Congratulations to Troy and Cherlynn on their new baby boy, Michael. (Get feeling better!) Best Wishes to Jeni who is down in bed at this holiday season with a blood clot. WE all love you!

And last but not least Happy Birthday Katelynn Reed!! Katelynn is another one of my 'Molahiettes'! It's starting to sound repetitive...but really she is an AMAZING girl. Katelynn is beautiful, talented, smart, spiritual, trustworthy, reliable and hard working. She ALWAYS has a smile on her face. She is a good friend to all the girls and I have loved getting to know her and watched her improve yearly. Katelynn truly is an inspiration to those around her and girls like her make coaching EASY! ( Now if getting up at 5:00 a.m. every morning was only easier.)



Oh and I wish for WORLD PEACE!!

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh ho, I loved your title and your last line. How funny.

Who knew these changes in our family Christmas dynamics would come so soon? It still surprises me every year that I don't need to track down a Lego set. Here's to you with half your kids. . .

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Lori. Memory issues happen to the best of us.;)

I feel the same about the kids leaving. I remember thinking after Tyson left on his mission that it would never be the same. Bummer. But as you told me, where else would you have them be? Still. Time goes by so fast.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Can you remember many years ago when some of us "older" members of book club couldn't remember what book we read, or who the author was or really any thing at all? Lori, it does get better, or at least we delude ourselves into thinking that we are remembering better. Who knows? Your wish to be with your family is my wish too. Today I have been having a Christmas Fantasy that we have an 8bedroom home, each bedroom with it's own bathroom and plenty of room in each room for a couple of easy chairs and a TV in a cabinet. Then we could have our whole family here for a week and they could each have a place to go when they need peace and quiet! Which they would all need. Tell me to dream on! We are having our girls here, our boys all have 3 or 4 children and are ready to start thier own family traditions. It all goes too fast, they were just born yesterday.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I am wishing I was there too, but I also have to share ty! Mom, I hope you know how much I love you guys.